“Together, we are building a company that stands for inclusion and doing business the right way.” — 321 Coffee
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Resource Key Featured Brand this week is 321 Coffee.
They are located in Raleigh, North Carolina at 1209 Farmers Market Dr.
Market Shoppes Slot 48 Raleigh, NC 27603
321 Coffee is a “coffee shop and roaster providing meaningful work opportunities to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.” Learn more about how 321 Coffee has grown to where it is today in interview with NC State Poole’s Startup Series featuring co-founders Lindsay Wrege and Michael Evans.
Why did The Resource Key want to feature 321 Coffee?
Beyond 321 Coffee’s mission around people, they strive to do their best for the planet too in different ways. Some of the ways 321 Coffee is making an impact are as follows:
- All of employees at 321 Coffee are paid base rates starting above minimum wage plus tips.
- Employs over 30 adults with disabilities, and they are working to partner with other businesses to further promote inclusion through a diverse supply chain.
- Fully compostable cups, lids, straws, etc. in their shop
- Refillable growler program to reduce plastic waste
- Compost our used coffee grounds and other waste weekly
- Fully recyclable packaging with packing supplies repurposed from deliveries
80% of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) are unemployed. 321 Coffee’s mission is to change this. “321 currently employs over 30 adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). They are the ones roasting the coffee, taking the orders, and making the lattes.” 321 Coffee is demonstrating the value of an inclusive business model.
Where to Follow and Stay Updated?
How to Support?
“Together, we are building a company that stands for inclusion and doing business the right way.”
— 321 Coffee
Join the The Resource Key Newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and for upcoming events.